Dahua Hack Fix
This page contains firmware to secure your Dahua CCTV recorder against being hacked.
Please ensure you select the correct firmware for your model of recorder from the list below.
Before updating your firmware, please ensure you default all settings on your recorder.
After completing the firmware update please also change the default passwords for all default accounts on the recorder (ie admin, 888888, 666666)
How to update your Dahua DVR - USB
- - First make sure you have a USB stick (USB2.0), plug the USB into a windows PC to ensure the it is formatted to FAT32 and that there are no other files on it.
- - Download your required firmware from the below links to your desktop. Double click the .ZIP then extract the file out of the .ZIP to the USB
- - With the firmware file on the USB, Insert it into spare USB slot on your CCTV recorder.
- - Go to UPDATE section of your CCTV recorder, select the firmware file, then click UPDATE.
- - Unit will update then perform a reboot. When rebooted the new firmware will fully installed.
How to update your Dahua DVR - Network
- - Download your required firmware from the below links to your desktop. Double click the .ZIP then extract the file out of the .ZIP to the desktop of your PC
- - Log into you CCTV recorder via its local IP Address (i.e 192.168.1.xxx) this will load the web interface
- - Once logged in click CONFIG -> SYSTEM -> UPDATE, when there, click the browse button then navigate to the desktop of your PC, select the firmware file.
- - Now click UPGRADE, your unit will update then perform a reboot. When rebooted the new firmware will fully installed.